ROLE OF JPBW
AS A PIONEER OF TOWN AND REGIONAL PLANNING FOR A PLANNED, PROGRESSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF LAND IN THE WHOLE OF SABAH INCLUDING ITS TERRITORIAL WATERS.
- Create a sustainable and high quality of environment for people in line with Sabah Structure Plan 2033.
- Ensuring planning system is comprehensive, effective and efficient in balancing between development needs and natural environment.
- Ensuring effective and fast delivery system through the setting up of regional offices in every district by the year 2020.
- Ensuring open spaces, public and recreational parks are provided strategically, with aesthetics, comfort and safety in mind; and
- Recruitment of skilled, knowledgeable and competitive townplanners.
- To strengthen the physical, social and economic development in urban and rural areas to increase quality of life in accordance with the State and National aspirations.
- To plan, control and supervise development, usage and rehabilitation of land effectively in accordance with Town & Country Planning Ordinance (Sabah Cap. 141).
- To formulate planning policies, standards and guidelines and ensuring the effective implementation by related agencies.
- To create high quality information collection and analysis system in ensuring the long term planning requirements in the State are met.